Good morning, readers!
Once again, I find myself falling behind schedule and must rush to get ready for work. Instead of writing a blog post today, I’m going to share with you a few of my favorite quotes from other authors and writers that help to remind me in times of high stress why it is that I love writing so much.. and may help you as well.
Have a read, feel inspired, and launch yourself into whatever today offers!
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. – Benjamin Franklin
- I learned never to empty the well of my writing, but always to stop when there was still something there in the deep part of the well, and let it refill at night from the springs that fed it. – Ernest Hemingway
- Writing and travel broaden your ass if not your mind and I like to write standing up. – Ernest Hemingway
- Writing is nothing more than a guided dream. – Jorge Luis Borges
- Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. – Isaac Asimov
- Words – so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. -Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. -Vladimir Nabakov
- Ink and paper are sometimes passionate lovers, oftentimes brother and sister, and occasionally mortal enemies. -Terri Guillemets
- I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions. -James Michener
- If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn’t brood. I’d type a little faster. -Isaac Asimov
- Let me walk through the fields of paper, touching with my wand, dry stems and stunted butterflies…. -Denise Levertov, “A Walk through the Notebooks”
- To withdraw myself from myself has ever been my sole, my entire, my sincere motive in scribbling at all. -Lord Byron
- The best time for planning a book is while you’re doing the dishes. -Agatha Christie
Well, my readers, I am now off to do the dishes… literally. And while doing them I’ll be dreaming of characters and exotic locations for future writing adventures.